Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Kdrama: Nae Il's Cantabile / Cantabile Tomorrow


Cast: Joo Won, Shim Eun Kyung, Park Bo Gum, Go Kyung Pyo, Kim Yoo Mi

It's a remake from Japanese manga titled Nodame Cantabile.
An arrogant top student at a college of music becomes involved with an eccentric, but energetic pianist. These two, who are polar opposites, embrace each other and step forward to make their lives complete.
This drama is about young musicians who are gathered through the universal language, music.

Rekomendasi buat nonton Nodame versi Korea:
- Jangan baca manganya
- Jangan nonton versi Jepangnya
Kalau 2 syarat itu uda terpenuhi, then.. baru bisa bilang: Cantabile Tomorrow ini bagus, terutama dari sisi romance-nya.

So, I'm not going to review the Nae Il's Cantabile but I was gonna... yes, can't help it but to COMPARE both version! So here it is:


Nae II's Cantabile vs Nodame Cantabile
I read the manga, I watched the Japanese live action, and I must say that it was so far the best live action drama I've ever watched.
Dibandingkan dengan versi korea yang lebih mengarah ke romance, you must watch the Japan version first.
Chiaki senpai is fierce, genius, loner, he is a mighty senpai, and Tamaki Hiroshi played it so damn well! I can't compare Joo Won on that one, too many lacks.
So is Nodame, she is a genius pianist, she learns it all by ear, she adored Chiaki so much, but she's not a spoil girl, compare with Shim Eun Kyung, I prefer Ueno Juri better.
And so for the rest S Orchestra members, the Japanese version is much much more hilarious.

The music itself, Japanese version is very magnificent, so gallant. I feel overwhelmed by the music itself. I even started to like symphony music.

I think it's very hard to remake something that has been very well adapted before.

No comments:

Post a Comment